MANN+HUMMEL mobile room air purifiers against COVID-19 and more
Whether it's COVID-19 or classic influenza, indoor exposure poses a significant risk of infection. Especially in the cold season, when the action shifts indoors, infections occur with increasing frequency. Restaurants, offices, school classrooms - areas where many people come together in a small space - require particularly strong protection against airborne threats. Enclosed spaces need cleaner and virus-free air.
Mobile OurAir air purifiers from MANN+HUMMEL provide efficient, economical and sustainable protection against harmful aerosols that carry viruses, bacteria, allergens and fine dust within a room. Our solutions are suitable for all industrial, commercial and public spaces where there are either no HVAC systems or the current ones are inadequate. They have the flexibility to be used indoors, anywhere and anytime - provided there is a power connection.
Since 1941, we have been separating the useful from the harmful, and for more than 60 years we have stood for air filtration of cleanroom quality for hospitals and operating rooms. With our professional OurAir air purifiers, you can effectively reduce the risk of infection for your guests, customers and employees.
Benefits and purpose: Why use an air purifier for COVID-19 and more
- The proof of efficacy of our room air purifiers was confirmed in the test by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- State-of-the-art HEPA H14* filters in the OurAir air purifiers remove more than 99.995% of viruses and other pollutants from the air (e.g. coronaviruses and their mutations)
- Filtering of bacteria and free allergens (e.g. dust mites or pollen) in the air
- Reduction of bad, organic odors, harmful gasses and smoke with the additional use of a MANN+HUMMEL activated carbon filter
*High Efficiency Particulate Air, according to DIN ISO 29463 and EN 1822
OurAir air purifier against Corona: Best possible protection and safety
In closed rooms, the risk of infection with viral diseases such as COVID-19 or influenza is particularly high. But it is not only coronaviruses and their mutations that constantly spread throughout the room. Bacteria, free allergens and particulate matter also represent significant threats: According to the WHO, 99% of the world's population breathes bad air.
The big problem with indoor air pollution is that even when employees, students or guests leave a room, harmful aerosols remain in the space. Frequent ventilation is only a limited solution: In the winter, energy expenditure is huge if cold air from outside has to be repeatedly warmed up. In cities, the air outside is also frequently polluted by car or industrial exhaust fumes and tire abrasion.
In the countryside, by pollen or unpleasant odors from agriculture. Indoor air quality can be as poor as outdoor air quality. Not to mention, in many buildings, there may not even be enough cross-ventilation to reduce virus concentrations. Our highly effective OurAir mobile air purifiers reduce the risk of infection by filtering harmful pollutants, thereby providing a flexible, effective solution to COVID-19 and other airborne contaminants.
In the OurAir series, we offer three room air purifiers for different room sizes:
- OurAir SQ 500, the mobile air purifier for small rooms up to 40 m²
- OurAir SQ 1750, the mobile air purifier for medium sized rooms up to 140 m²
- OurAir SQ 2500, the mobile air purifier for large rooms up to 200 m²
You can use multiple OurAir devices as modules in larger rooms. You can buy our air purifiers online here.
Rely on air purifiers with efficient virus filters and activated carbon filters
The mobile OurAir air purifiers are equipped with high-efficiency filters. HEPA H14 filters remove more than 99.995% of viruses, bacteria and other hazardous particles from the air.
An additional advantage is that you can equip your OurAir HEPA room air purifier with MANN+HUMMEL's pioneering OdorControl technology. In this activated carbon filter, a multifunctional, chemically impregnated layer of activated carbon significantly reduces harmful gasses, irritants and organic odors. In the mid-size and large room air purifiers, OurAir SQ 1750 and SQ 2500, the activated carbon filter can be used as a pre-filter for the HEPA H14 filter. Thanks to its particle layer ePM1 55 % (DIN EN 779: F7), it protects the HEPA filter from dust, hairs and pollen. For the OurAir SQ 500, there is a combi filter that combines HEPA H14 filtration with a highly efficient gas adsorption layer: It combines the best features of particle and harmful gas filtration, draws out viruses like COVID-19, and even fights bad odors.
Best-in-class antiviral air purifiers against Corona: Efficacy tested and confirmed
The KIT has tested the MANN+HUMMEL air purifiers in a study. Their research demonstrated that the use of our mobile air purifier led to a significant reduction in aerosol concentration in a seminar room. The study showed a 50% reduction in the aerosol load after four minutes and a 90% reduction after 15 minutes. After another five minutes the curve drops towards zero. There is a further reduction of almost 100 %.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us!
Everyone needs to breathe clean air in order to live well. Our responsibility as employers, teachers, medics and professionals is to ensure the people around us have access to healthy, virus-free air that won’t damage their health.
If you use an air purifier you’re taking an important safety measure that’s proven to protect the people around you from an invisible, microscopic threat. Introducing our air purifiers that will boost your anti-COVID-19 toolkit by reducing the concentration of airborne droplets and viruses in your room or building:
The OurAir SQ 2500, for larger rooms up to 200m2
- Fitted with a High Energy Particulate Air ePTFE (HEPA) H14* filter to effectively reduce particle concentration in the air
- Air exchange rate of up to five times per hour
- With an air flow rate of 2500m3/h this air purifier is so powerful it also works outdoors
- Works more quietly and energy efficient than comparable systems
- Measuring 1.004 x .0523 x 1.05m
- Simple installation – just ‘Plug & Play’
- If you need extra coverage you can spread them out over a larger space
- Upgrade you pre-filter with activated-carbon coating to eliminate odors, NO2 and VOCs
- Activate the UV-C disinfection stage
In smaller spacesup to 140m2 use the OurAir SQ 1750
- With an ePTFE HEPA H14* filter that removes 99.995% of viruses, bacteria and other micro-organisms
- The compact neutral design and low noise levels means it blends into any space
- Air exchange rate of up to five times every hour
- Small dimensions makes it easily portable: 0.65 x 0.66 x 1,25m
- Operates and an air flow rate of 1750 m3/h
- No need for adjustments to your existing HVAC system, just ‘Plug & Play’
- Activate the UV-C disinfection stage
In smaller spacesup to 40m2 use the OurAir SQ 500
- Fitted with a HEPA H14* filter to extract 99.995% or viruses and bacteria from the air
- Air flow rate of 500m3/h
- Provide virus-free air to smaller commercial spaces
- Low noise emissions and minimalist design
- Remote control, filter replacement reminder, auto mode, child safety lock
To upgrade an existing HVAC system with ePTFE HEPA* replacement filters
- Easy-fitting ePTFE HEPA H13* filters proven to eradicate 99.95% of harmful particulates
- Also available in H14 filter which removes 99.995% of viruses and micro-organisms
- No need to overhaul or replace your existing system
- No additional running costs once installed
- Two-stage filter adaptations operating at A+ energy consumption
- Standardized dimensions mean they fit on nearly all systems
- Top quality air filtration to remove all types of pathogens from your indoor air
*according to ISO 29463 and EN 1822
In any indoor situation an air purifier will help keep your air virus-free and improve air quality. This is especially crucial in schools, offices, pharmaceutical sites, patient rooms, airports, hotels, restaurants and bars, nightclubs, gyms and treatment rooms. If you want to safeguard the people around you, look for an air purifier that works for your room size and has sufficient air flow rate to replenish the air as frequently as five times per hour while working quietly and energy efficient.
These proven health benefits and anti-viral protection are the reasons why we use an air purifier. Make a positive choice to keep your workplace or school COVID-safe too.
The certified antiviral HEPA H14* air filter is proven to reduce coronaviruses in the air with a filtration efficiency of 99.995%.
*according to DIN ISO 29463 and EN 1822
Yes, especially for allergy sufferers the use of an air purifier is particularly useful: The highly effective HEPA air filtration of the smallest particles can demonstrably reduce dust mites, pollen or animal hair in the air. Not to mention that our antibacterial air purifiers are also effective against fine dust and classic viruses such as influenza - in other words, everyday threats in the air.
Dr. Jürgen Herbers, family doctor and member of the board of the Hausärzteverbands Baden-Württemberg (General Practitioners Association Baden-Wuerttemberg), recommends using the MANN+HUMMEL air purifier as a sensible supplement to the usual hygiene measures and regular ventilation, in order to reduce aerosol concentration and the risk of infection. Prof. Dittler from KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) answers the most important questions here.